Monday, February 23, 2009

What's your reading stamina?


While searching for a new book to read, I realized if I am not intrigued by a book, I will only make it about an eighth of the way through. I couldn't believe it. I actually have eight books on my bookshelf with bookmarks all at almost the same spot!

My roommate, however, tends to stop with about an eighth of the book to go. RocketReader has all sorts of suggestions to improve your stamina, but I think getting another book just might be the way to go. Well, who am I to talk about reading stamina?

Any suggestions for a good book to read?

3 comments:

  1. That is interesting! And I don't have any suggestions! I am always the girl waiting for people to suggest books to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salvage Inequalities by J. Kozol
    Change me into Zeus's Daughter by BR Moss
    Surprised by Joy by CS Lewis
    World's End by TC Boyle
    The Big Over Easy by J Fford
    Five Quarters of the Orange by J Harris
    The Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time by M Haddon
    Nine Hills to Nambonkaha by S. Erdman

    I imagine I'll revisit most of these in the future. For now, I just started On the Road by Jack Kerouac

    ReplyDelete